- •In patients with RS, genetic investigations must be repeated until a diagnosis is identified. This allowsto foresee long-term developmental prognosis.
- •Optimal management of respiratory and feeding disorders is important for long-term intellectual development.
- •Otitis media must be treated, velar insufficiency re-educated or re-operated, in order to optimize speech development.
- Pierre Robin sequence: a series of 117 consecutive cases.J Pediatr. 2001; 139: 588-590
- The ontogeny of Robin sequence.Am J Med Genet. 2018; 176A: 1349-1368
- Associated syndromes in patients with Pierre robin sequence.Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2020; 131: 109842
- Genetic mutations associated with Pierre robin syndrome/sequence: a systematic review.Mol Syndromol. 2021; 12: 69-86
- The Pierre Robin sequence: review of 125 cases and evolution of treatment modalities.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1994; 93: 934-942
- Cognitive and psychosocial development of children with Pierre Robin sequence.Acta Paediatr. 2008; 97: 653-656
- Developmental outcome in Pierre Robin sequence : a longitudinal and prospective study of a consecutive series of severe phenotypes.Am J Med Genet A. 2013; 161A: 312-319
- Etiology and pathogenesis of robin sequence in a large Dutch cohort.Am J Med Genet. 2015; 167A: 1983-1992
- Neurological development of children with isolated robin sequence treated with nasopharyngeal intubation in early infancy.Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2017; 54: 256-261
- Educational achievements in Pierre robin sequence.J Plast Surg Hand Surg. 2013; 47: 36-39
- The effect of chronic or intermittent hypoxia on cognition in childhood: a review of the evidence.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: 805-816
- Intermittent hypoxia and long-term neurological outcome: how are they related?.Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2020; 25: 101072
- Hearing levels in Pierre robin syndrome cleft.Palate Craniofac J. 1995; 32: 30-36
- Pierre Robin syndrome: characteristics of hearing loss, effect of age on hearing level and possibilities in therapy planning.J Laryngol Otol. 1996; 110: 830-835
- Pierre Robin sequence: an institutional experience in the multidisciplinary management of airway, feeding and serous otitis media challenges.Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2011; 75: 1152-1155
- Mauz PS [The influence of the Tübingen soft palate plate and early cleft closure on swallowing and Eustachian tube function in children with Pierre Robin sequence; in German].HNO. 2006; 54: 756-760
Wan T, Chen Y, Wang G. Do patients with isolated Pierre Robin Sequence have worse outcomes after cleft palate repair: a systematic review. J Plast Reconstr Aesthetic Surg; 68, 1095e1099.
- Outcomes of cleft palate repair in patients with Pierre robin sequence: a matched case-control study.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016; 137: 927-935
- Predictors of speech outcomes in children with Pierre Robin sequence.J Cranio-Maxillo-Fac Surg. 2018; 46: 479-484
- Need for velopharyngeal management following palatoplasty: an outcome analysis of syndromic and nonsyndromic patients with Robin sequence.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1997; 99: 1522-1534
- Speech prognosis and need of pharyngeal flap for non-syndromic vs syndromic Pierre Robin Sequence.J Pediatr Surg. 2008; 43: 668-674
- The occurrence of velopharyngeal insufficiency in Pierre Robin Sequence patients.Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2011; 75: 1252-1254
- Speech outcome after palatal repair in nonsyndromic versus syndromic Robin sequence.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012; 130: 577e-584e
- Pierre robin sequence: incidence of speech-correcting surgeries and fistula formation.Cleft Palat Craniofac J. 2020; 57: 344-351
- Long-term speech outcomes of cleft palate repair in robin sequence versus isolated cleft palate.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2021; 9e3351